The original is a pastel landscape painting based on my reference photo taken during the early evening right before sunset. I fell in love with the shadows beneath the trees and wanted to go exploring in that maze of light and shadow. I also am drawn to the hills and trees you see in the distance.
This is a reproduction canvas print on a wood stretcher.
What is a canvas print? Here are some answers to questions people have about canvas prints.
- Is it signed? Yes, it is signed on the front.
- Is it a limited edition? Yes it is a limited edition of 250.
- Are the colors a good match to the original? Yes, just like my paper prints, the colors are carefully matched to the original.
- Will it stand the test of time? Yes, the texture and weight of this canvas bring fine-art reproductions one step closer to the originals. The matte canvas is made from archival and acid-free poly/cotton blend 430 gsm / 20 mil and archival pigment inks with UV protective coating.
- Will I lose some of the picture around the sides? No, the printer seamlessly mirrors the image around the 1 1/2 inch sides.
- How do I clean it? You can dust it with a dry, clean cloth.
- How do I hang it? There will be D rings and wire on the back.
- Can canvas prints be framed? Yes, they can be framed using "floater" frames. However, they are beautiful as is, and it's not necessary to frame my canvas prints.
- Can I buy a different size? Yes, just call or email me for a quote here.
Evening Shadows canvas print
I offer free shipping in the continental U.S.on all my original paintings, and for the canvas prints purchased on my "Sold Works" page. Art purchased from my "Canvas prints, art prints and more" page ( with my Fine Art America shopping cart) will have shipping charges.
Please allow 7 - 10 business days for dispatch of your art. Once shipped I will send an email with shipping information.