The original is a Mixed Media painting on a collage of a 1960 map of Africa! I've always loved maps & really enjoy doing something fun & creative with them. There are some paint patterns on top of the map, however, much of the map shows through this fun painting of a family of elephants on their travels. I couldn't help borrowing the title from Dr. Suess!
This is a reproduction canvas print on a wood stretcher.
What is a canvas print? Here are some answers to questions people have about canvas prints.
- Is it signed? Yes, it is signed on the front.
- Is it a limited edition? Yes it is a limited edition of 250.
- Are the colors a good match to the original? Yes, just like my paper prints, the colors are carefully matched to the original.
- Will it stand the test of time? Yes, the texture and weight of this canvas bring fine-art reproductions one step closer to the originals. The matte canvas is made from archival and acid-free poly/cotton blend 430 gsm / 20 mil and archival pigment inks with UV protective coating.
- Will I lose some of the picture around the sides? No, the printer seamlessly mirrors the image around the 1 1/2 inch sides.
- How do I clean it? You can dust it with a dry, clean cloth.
- How do I hang it? There will be D rings and wire on the back.
- Can canvas prints be framed? Yes, they can be framed using "floater" frames. However, they are beautiful as is, and it's not necessary to frame my canvas prints.
- Can I buy a different size? Yes, just call or email me for a quote here.